With their universal mounting system, iKamper roof top tents can be mounted on most vehicles on the market. They are designed to be mounted on two normal cross bars (not directly on the roof of the car), such as ones from Thule, Yakima, or any other aftermarket cross bars ( the same bars you would attach your bike or kayak to).
- Check your vehicle's manual or contact the manufacturer to know your roof's dynamic weight limit is at least 165 lbs (75 kg).
- Make sure your roof rack or cross bars have a dynamic weight load of at least 165 lbs (75 kg) for the Skycamp 2.0 (4X), and 125 lbs (57 kg) or more for the Skycamp 2X, Skycamp Mini, and the X-Cover.
- If you're not sure which roof rack or cross bars are best for your vehicle, Rack Outfitters can help! Plus, they offer a 10% discount to iKamper customers. Please contact Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your crossbars should be at least 30" (76 cm) apart, with a maximum distance of 60” (150 cm).
- Check the spacing of the mounting rails below to make sure it fits your rack. The iKamper mounting rails are 1.77" (4.5 cm) wide.